18 years later

Woke up did my nails, heard the doorbell ring. Mom answered; it was Kelvin. He told me to get my ass ready cause my first surprise was incorporated with an appointment at 2. Showered, dressed into my brand new dress I bought the other day & got into the car. Traffic was growing on the highway so Kelvin called this man we had an appointment with. On the way Kelvin says to me "anything I show you, you have to pick out, no matter what you can't say no." In my head I'm thinking that its some sort of ride we're taking and he's talking to the driver. Little did I know I was to later find out that I was soo wrong. We got to this place downtown that read "142 DYNAMO Art Association". Earlier at my house while I was getting ready we talked about how my favorite artist, Peter Taylor, didn't have anymore pieces for sale since Kelvin tried to buy one for me as a gift. So while we're in front of this Art Association I'm thinking that I get to pick out some art supplies for myself. We're earlier then we expected to be so we're standing out side just waiting for this man that Kelvin was conversing with during the ride over. We see this man come over on a bike, he gets off and says "Hey you kelvin?" Kelvin replies with a yes and puts out his hand and says to me "Hi, I'm Peter" .. And right then I froze up and all I'm thinking of is OMG IS THIS REALLY PETER FCKING TAYLOR?!?!


He opens up the door and we head upstairs while I'm grabbing Kelvin's arm and you could just see in my eyes that I was screaming inside! We get upstairs and all I see is canvases, paints, and Peter Taylor's art space and work. He starts open boxes and continues to layout his pieces and Kelvin says to me "So which one do you like?" I got to pick out one of Peter Taylor original pieces for myself.



The whole time I was watching him take out each frame I was just stunned and totally speechless.. I don't ever think I've felt like that before. It was as if I saw a celebrity because to me he is one. Just an amazingly nice guy that happens to create masterpieces which I just adore! I finally got to pick out one that really caught my eye. All in one I could see the body language as life that had a sort of confusion but showed calmness and happiness at the same time. Using mixed media just summed it up and I knew that was the one I wanted and got. Peter wrapped it up himself and gave it to me. Being a big dorky fan I asked if I could take a picture with the artist, and being as nice as he was he did not have a problem with it at all. He let us out and for the rest of the day I had a permanent stain of a smile on my face just blown away by what had just happened! I was ready to just go home because that was the most amazingly thoughtful and nice that was of Kelvin to do. Yet it was just the beginning.

Next we drove closer to PC and parked. This next surprise was just as thoughtful as the first. Kelvin knew how much I adored roller blading so he took me to get a new pair of blades for the both of us. We headed down by the sea and started blading the sea wall. Something I always wanted todo but never got around to doing it. The sun was being generous and wasn't too hot for us to be out skating around.





The views we're gorgeous and the conversation and just time spent together was a heart full. We ended up at English Bay and decided to stick around there to relax and enjoy the sun calmly. Enough sun was soaked up so we were back on our feet but now walking up Robson on our way to Mikes house where Kelvin got to meet Leo, Virnie, Rawb, and obviously Mike. They approved of him and I was happy haha. Finally we got back to the car and headed to Langley where we dined at the one and only Olive Garden. Had delicious appys and a well prepared steak and pasta meal.

During the dinner Peters name came up in conversation again because I was still stunned by what happened earlier that morning. Kelvin had given me his number and I decided to send him a text msg. The only other communication that has ever been between me and Peter was on myspace about a year ago. I tagged him in a picture because I was wearing one of his shirts and he commented on it "nice shirt, cute girl ;)" and that made me happy and became something I would not forget. But I'm sure he sees things like that all the time, so here I am thinking he's not going to remember who I am. And I go off sending this text that's just saying thank you for having me and my bf come down to your studio, it was a pleasure, etc etc. A couple mins later I receive a text back from him saying

"No problem at all. I'm glad you like my work. Its a very generous gift I hope you enjoy it for years to come. You look familiar, myspace?"

OH MY GOODNESS he remembered me! I tried to keep my cool after freaking out in the restaurant ,smiling till my cheeks hurt and staring at kelvin in amazment! I send a msg back saying yeah I can't believe you remember, I didn't think you would. And his respond was...

"I thought that was you. You smile with your whole self, its memorable. You two should find me on facebook and I'll keep you posted on shows"

Right then and there my heart melted and I just became the happiest girls in the world. I let my self cool down before I sent another msg so I wouldn't sound like a total dork. I told him that he was really sweet to say that and blah blah blah. O I did end up adding him on fb and he greeted me another happy birthday.

We finaly headed back to my place around 11 where Serena and Mark stopped by to give me a cake and made me blow out candles :) My last gift was given to me by Kelvin but this one I already knew I was getting because he made me pick it out. This gorgeous purse from roots. Still he managed to add in a surprise to that one too, and inside the bag that I picked out he had picked out another purse and gave that to me too. My boyfriend has good taste. But my most favorite gift of all was his card. A card that opened up 4 bears long which had Kelvin's lovely heartfelt words written inside just for me. I don't get why he's so good with words. I can never stop reading all the things he's ever written to me over and over. From yearbook pages to little notes in my planner to birthday cards like this one. I'm in awe every time no matter how man times I've read the same passages.

He stayed the night until 5am. I'm glad my mom doesn't mind him over that late. Or early. Everything was just amazing. I love meaningful gifts the most. I love surprises. I love my boyfriend.

So grateful to have someone like you in my life.

3 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Honestly I cannot stop reading your blogs! There too addicting and your words are so powerful. Your cute and full of joy and when Peter Taylor said your smile was memorable, he's right. You make everyday bright. I'm not quite sure what the deal is with you in going to Toronto, (because we aren't very close) but if it's for a long while, it'll be sad to see you leave. I wish you all the best and I hope you continue to stay happy. Your an inspiration for all.

You'd be surpised if you found out who this was.. It's completely unexpected.

- Anonymous

ckp said...

Ms. Anon, you're really a sweet person. You make me feel so.. important? haha yeah, important. I'm not moving to Toronto. Just leaving for 10 days. Going with my boyfriend :). Honestly i don't think i could ever guess who you might be. I'm not very good at guessing, and.. well i really don't want to try cause i'm SURE i'll embarass myself. Will i ever find out who you are?

Anonymous said...

Aw, that's good, I hope you have a blast! Yes I'm pretty sure you wouldn't guess who I am. If you have an idea I think you should guess! Umm.. we'll see. I think I might be a little shy to reveal myself which is why I am currently Ms. Anonymous. Maybe one day if we get a chance to hang out of some sort.. I'll for sure tell you who I am. I think I'm shy cause although I seem just like any other, there's certain qualities you posess which is what makes you so inspiring.. to me atleast. I just don't think I could say everything I think of you to your face without .. being shy? Haha, I have no clue if that made complete sense!! Kind of get what I'm saying?