Recreate w/out restriction

Acrylics, water paints, and sharpies.
My day off, so I thought I might do something productive. Something I normally wouldn't have time to do, something I haven't done in a while.. Draw/paint. Even though I have 2 blocks of art I use both of them for media (photshoppin'). I like this piece, but I don't love it. Critiquing myself is a good way to improve, and better myself for next time. This piece was basically all freestyle. Started by looking around my room and saw Digits (the monkey ; tyMeeks) then it just kinda flowed. Added some paint, then colored it in then this became what it is. A lot of clutter going on, especially towards the bottom left. Made it look too busy. But now I know better next time. Still many other this I could point out. But I believe that's the most obvious. Dare to differ? Do COMMENT! Another persons perspective is always better then the artist them self.

Days where I don't work are the best. I'm so glad I booked off this long weekend! Though it was supposed to be for camping.. Plans tend to change, but I can adapt. Time to meet the bestfriends bf :) , birthday diner, do a bit of soul searching, and craft viewing with a friend, or at least something along those lines haha. Wow, a weekend with no work! Ahh I can't wait!

Another thing I can't wait for is GRAD! Yeah, a couple post back ago I said I wasn't excited. Now I am. Ever since we had the gr12 assembly to hear the valedictorian speeches it really got to me. One of them almost made me tear up! To think back of all the memories, from kindergarten all the way up till now.. 12years later! Holy, when you hear it like that its like schools been your whole life, and you're finally done! .. At least until collage/university. Ha! More school. But really grad is getting closer. Besides this one unfortunate even, I'm pretty happy with this grad outcome. Can't wait till my dress is finished. So simple, but so.. Perfect.

*sigh..

Q: what's up baby girl?
A: Shts good, just not great.
Q: now why might that be?
A: because the word "perfect" is a foreign word to my life vocabulary
Q: well, you know that nothings perfect right?
A: well yeah but when I say perfect, I mean perfect up to an average standard
Q: care to explain?
A: okay well u mean that my kind of "perfect" would be a good balance of both good and bad. You know, both good times and happy times..
Q: so your life is not at a good balance right now, is what you're trying to say?
A: yes that's it! Its like even though I get my share of both good and bad I'm still not.. Happy? I try to be, but deep deep deep deeeeeeeeep down inside I know I'm not. This drop of sadness just lives there, but I don't understand why it decides to stay.
Q: do you know how it got there?
A: well.. I have a theory. Its like happiness one day met me. Then it moved in and use to live deep deep deep deeeeeeeeep down inside me , but it moved out when situations changed. Ever since then nothing has been able to move in, well not comfortably at least. So this drop of sadness decided to fill this vacant spot. But it feels like its still empty.. I know that happiness is not here anymore. But I miss the way happiness fit so comfortably. But I don't miss "happiness" its self. Happiness moved out and is shaped differently now. I wouldn't want it to move back in. But I do want this emptiness to be gone.
Q: so what are you going to do about this emptiness ?
A: well for now I think I'm going to leave it open, but not allowing anything move in, and hope that this emptiness will grow over, you know like a piercing.


I'm sorry what did you SAY LOVE?
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

2 comment(s):

PJ said...

sup hun guess who got a blogg ;p feelin the activity of your pieceee wouldnt mind seeing it in color :]

PJ said...

its more like where have you been! but yea got a fair share of art pieces to update you on ill post em up in the next couple days so i can get your critique :]